Sunday 6 March 2011

Sowing season 2011

 Here are the seedlings one week on from the pictures below. First, ate the sunflowers, and also one or two globe artichoke, violet. Second,are the emerging barlotto seedlings. Third, are dwarf French beans. Fourth is labelled Goldtuft, which is a variety of safflower. The next is Zinnia, Giant Scarlet, followed by field poppy, with Cavolo Nero in the pots behind. So far germination has been good to very good. The tomato seedlings have grown greatly and need to be potted on. I cannot do that until Saturday.





2 comments:

  1. Things are looking good, Allan! I am not familiar with either Barlotto or Calvi de Nero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barlotto are Italian beans, a bit like pinto in style. They are delicious cooked fresh, and can be dried and stored. Calvi de Nero, is my mistak. I should have typed Cavolo Nero, It is also an Italian vegetable. I got the seeds from Seed from Italy. It is an elegant kale they say.

    ReplyDelete